Informal Complaints

If you have a problem with your telephone bill or service, contact the phone company first. You may call or send a letter to the company. You may contact Horizon at 772-8200 from 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays.

Mailing address:
PO Box 480
Chillicothe, OH 45601

If your concern is not resolved after contacting a customer representative from the phone company, you may ask to speak with a supervisor. If your problem is still not resolved, contact the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio's (PUCO) consumer call center for help. The call center staff will review rates with you, advise you of your rights and, if needed, will work with you and the company to try to solve your problem.

You may contact PUCO at 1-800-686-7826 (toll-free) or for TTY at 1-800-686-1570 (toll-free) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, or at

Mailing address:
Service Monitoring and Enforcement Dept.
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
180 E. Broad St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215-3793

Residential customers may also contact the Ohio Consumers' Counsel for assistance with complaints and utility issues at 1-877-742-5622 (toll-free) from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. weekdays, or at