Careers at Horizon
With corporate offices in Chillicothe, Ohio, Horizon is a leading broadband provider of advanced data services in southern and eastern Ohio. Utilizing its extensive network of fiber optic cable, Horizon delivers advanced high speed data services, Internet, voice, digital video, security and monitoring services. Horizon's entrepreneurial heritage and long-standing commitment to remarkable customer care ensures its devotion to connecting its customers to their worlds through the delivery of cutting-edge broadband technology and proven telecommunication systems.
If you are interested in a career with Horizon, view our available positions below:
Technical Support Representative
The Technical Support Representative (TSR) provides the first level of support for customer service issues. The TSR is responsible for analyzing customer service issues and determining the appropriate method for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to, providing troubleshooting techniques, customer training and escalation to another area.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide client support and technical issue resolution via e-mail, phone and other electronic media.
- Responsible for entering and clearing trouble tickets in the billing system.
- Configuration support of client's equipment to connect to the Internet or cable via modem/DSL router or gateway.
- Assist in the configuration of the clients’ software to connect to Internet application servers.
- Provide training to clients in the use of systems and applications as related to Internet.
- Obtain general understanding of OS and application operations related to company-offered services.
- Identify and correct or advise on operational issues in client computer systems.
- Provide training and instruction for cable services, including but not limited to remote programming, tiling and freezing issues, problems with stream setting, resetting gateways or modems, and issues with channels or features, such as DVR (digital video recorder) or HD (high definition).
- Provide training and troubleshooting for voice mail and other phone calling features.
- Responsible for set-up and administration of the company’s on-line data back-up services including the first level of technical support as it relates to the product.
- Responsible for up-sell and/or retention efforts as the opportunity presents itself.
- Responsible for trouble call follow-ups and related correspondence.
- Responsible for participation in special outbound calling projects as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong working knowledge of PCs, PC applications, TCP/IP, and various operating systems.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer electronics, wired/wireless networks, WAN/LAN/WLAN troubleshooting techniques.
- Strong people and phone skills to provide basic instruction to customers in a courteous, friendly, and professional manner.
- Strong technical knowledge of computer electronics.
- Skilled in problem solving.
- Ability to follow Corporate Standards.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage/perform multiple projects to successful completion.
- Ability to effectively function as a team player.
Education and Experience
Previous technical support and computer experience is desired but not required.
Apply at Jobs@horizontel.com by providing a resume and cover letter and include “TECHSUPPORT” in the email subject line.
Horizon is an Equal Opportunity Employer.